The pharmaceutical and biotech arena has become one of the more complex markets for companies to navigate. Rising competition means brands are finding it more difficult to stand out in the crowd. Increasing regulatory scrutiny means firms must address new challenges and issues. In addition, a more knowledgeable patient community means people are armed with more information about the diseases they have and the medicines they take - but are more skeptical about pharmaceutical practices and drug safety.
Ogilvy PR's global Healthcare practice has a long-established record of providing superior counsel and strategic planning to global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, healthcare providers and government agencies. We currently represent all top ten global pharmaceutical companies. In a rapidly changing marketplace, we apply our skills and experience to help clients navigate every twist and turn, generating meaningful and measurable results.
Solutions that matter
Encompassing pharmaceutical and biotech products, over-the-counter medications, corporate healthcare initiatives and devices and diagnostics, we offer PR solutions that support our client's business objectives, including:
• Promoting, preserving and protecting the integrity of brands
• Building brands and franchises
• Designing and executing direct-to-consumer health campaigns that change behavior
• Staking a claim in a crowded marketplace
• Communicating milestone moments (scientific, regulatory)
• Fostering lasting relationships for clients with professional and advocacy groups
• Managing brands throughout their lifecycle
Ogilvy PR has deep and unparalleled expertise in oncology, cardiovascular disease, men’s and women’s health, CNS, device marketing and disease awareness. Our core strengths in healthcare communications include:
• Pharmaceutical and Device Marketing—We have experience in marketing products in a broad array of therapeutic categories, stages of development and with various issues surrounding them including: HIV/AIDS, CNS, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, and men’s and women’s health. Specifically, we have developed successful campaigns in the device arena for Ethicon, Medtronic and Bayer’s Mirena.
• Product Launches—In recent years, we have introduced a range of products globally and on a regional basis in many different categories including cardiovascular, women’s health and oncology.
• Media Relations—On a worldwide basis, we have demonstrated our ability to generate top-tier print and broadcast media coverage. This includes generating attention for landmark publications, regulatory milestones, publicizing breaking news at major medical meetings and managing issues with products as they arise.
• Advocacy Relations—Advocates play an important role in healthcare communications. They lend credibility to campaigns and can help better reach the consumer on a grassroots level. Over the years, Ogilvy PR healthcare has partnered with numerous advocacy groups to ensure our messages are heard by regulators, physicians and consumers.
• Health Policy—Drug pricing, formulary placement, reimbursement, patent challenges, DTC/DTP promotion practices, ethics, media and Congressional scrutiny of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries and general skepticism are just some of the issues confronting healthcare and healthcare-related companies and their executives. Ogilvy PR’s Health Policy Group works both within Washington, DC, as well as through international channels to communicate and shape health policy issues wherever they arise.
Across the globe, our healthcare teams expertly blend modern communications techniques with a deep knowledge of local and regional outlooks to effectively build the reputation and market share of today's most recognized and reputable brands. Moreover, all projects benefit from the close involvement of our most senior executives. From overall strategy to tactical execution, Ogilvy PR leadership focuses on the vital details and research that yield results.