Cannes, France, June 23, 2012. Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide was named Network of the Year at the 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Cannes Lions, 2012, saw Ogilvy & Mather have its best ever year. It has been presented with the prestigious Network of the Year award, and has won 83 Lions across all categories, including 1 Grand Prix, 12 Gold, 20 Silver and 50 Bronze. The network has also achieved a record 305 finalists during the festival.
Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather and Film & Press Jury President at Cannes 2012 said:
“We are delighted to be crowned Network of theYear in Cannes 2012 on top of winning a Grand Prix and 83 Lions. The awards are a reflection of our strong creative and management teams, our client relationships, and our agency culture that places its emphasis on creativity. It’s great to be recognised by our peers."
Ogilvy & Mather China was crowned with a Grand Prix in the Outdoor category for its ‘#CokeHands campaign.’
Across the Network 12 Golds were awarded – across all categories – for the following campaigns:
- 3x Gold for ‘The Return of Dictator Ben Ali’, Ogilvy & Mather Tunisia (2x Promo & Activation; and Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Sprite Shower,’ Ogilvy & Mather Brasil - Sao Paulo ( Promo & Activation)
- 1 x Gold for its Carling Black Label ‘Be The Coach,’ Ogilvy Cape Town (Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1 x Gold for its Claro TV ‘Half of HBO for free,’ Ogilvy & Mather Guatemala (Direct)
- 1 x Gold for its Claro ‘A’ ‘T’ ‘S’ ‘I’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brasil (Press)
- 1 x Gold for its IBM ‘THINK’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather NY (Design)
- 1 x Gold for its Hellman’s ‘Recipe Receipt’ campaign, Ogilvy & Matcher Brasil (Promo & Activation)
- 1 x Gold for its ‘Coke Hands’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather, China (Outdoor)
- 1 x Gold for its Forbes ‘Donald Trump’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brazil (Outdoor)
- 1 x Gold for its Coca-Cola ‘ Share a Coke’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Sydney (Outdoor)
Winning Network of the Year, and the record haul of 83 Lions across all categories in the 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, 2012, breaks last year's impressive record of 61 award wins (12 Gold, 17 Silver, and 32 Bronze).
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications. As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 28,800 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Full information about the 2012 Awards and winners can be found at: www.canneslions.com
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world with 450 offices in 120 countries worldwide. It is also the number one agency in terms of global effectiveness awards.
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services in-house including: brand advertising; direct marketing; interactive; digital and targeted media; brand identity; retail and in-store promotions; trade/event marketing, public relations; CRM and loyalty marketing; fast-track, low-cost delivery; analytics and research capabilities; strategic partnerships; branded content and entertainment; multicultural marketing, and sustainability marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit www.ogilvy.com.
·18,000 Total employees across the world
·More than 50 languages
·The number one agency in three out of the four BRIC countries: Brazil, China and India
·Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific recently won Campaign Asia Pacific network of the year
·Ogilvy & Mather winner of Network of the Year at The Clio Awards 2012
·Ogilvy & Mather winner of most effective agency of 2012 in North America – winning 18 Effie Awards including winning the agency of the year award for the second year in a row with 145 points.
·First ad agency to go public on both the New York and London Stock Exchanges (1966)
·First agency network in the world to establish an interactive capability, the Interactive Marketing Group, forerunner to Ogilvy Interactive (1983)
·First western ad agency to officially open in the Soviet Union (1989)