July’s Flurry of Hires Results From Agency’s Increased Growth
Washington, DC, August 1, 2005 — Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR), a leading global communications firm, announced today five new additions to its Washington, D.C. office. Lauren Topf, Vice President, Healthcare; Alison Byrne Fields, Vice President, Social Marketing; Jason Linde, Vice President, Public Affairs; Arlene Remick, Account Director, Social Marketing; and Laura Halsch, Assistant Account Executive; Consumer Marketing all joined Ogilvy PR/Washington in July and will provide counsel to the firm’s diverse client base. In order to accommodate such growth, Ogilvy PR/Washington recently relocated to a custom-designed space at 1111 19th Street NW.
“Our new additions bring a dynamic energy, creative thinking and big ideas that all lead to excellent client service,” said Robert F. Mathias, Managing Director of Ogilvy PR/Washington. “All will provide valuable contributions to the entire office and help meet the growing demands on our business.”
Following is brief background on the additions:
- Lauren Topf joins Ogilvy PR’s Healthcare practice as a Vice President. For the past eight years, Lauren Topf has developed marketing communications campaigns for pharmaceutical/healthcare companies including GlaxoSmithKline, Endo, Merck, Pfizer, Aventis, Novartis and Eli Lilly. She has extensive women’s health, pain management and respiratory health experience, as well as a great depth of experience with third-party advocacy, issues management, FDA regulation and celebrity campaigns.
- Joining the award winning Social Marketing practice, Alison Byrne Fields comes to Ogilvy PR as a Vice President with extensive knowledge of the industry. Previously, she was a strategic consultant to nonprofits, foundations and political campaigns, including the Carnegie Corporation of New York, Business Women’s Initiative Against HIV/AIDS, Kaiser Family Foundation and AIDS Alliance for Children. Alison received her Master of Public Policy degree from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government, where she focused her studies on international HIV/AIDS policy with a specific emphasis on public/private sector partnerships.
- Jason Linde, a Washington political insider, joins the Public Affairs practice as a Vice President and brings more than ten years successful leadership experience managing accounts and campaigns of political candidates, corporations and non-profits. Named “Rising Star” of politics, Jason most recently served as a Director at Westhill Partners and provided strategic communications and public affairs solutions to clients such as “Ground Zero Heroes Humanitarian Airlift,” the first American corporate relief mission to Iraq, Smirnoff and Diageo.
- Arlene Remick joins Ogilvy PR’s Social Marketing practice as an Account Director. She is a health communications specialist and senior health writer with nearly ten years of experience creating health information materials for the National Women’s Health Information Center and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. She has extensive women’s health, minority health and worker safety and health issues experience.
- Joining Ogilvy PR’s expanding Consumer Marketing practices as an Assistant Account Executive is Laura Halsch. A recent graduate of Georgetown University, Laura majored in English and was previously an intern with Ogilvy PR/Washington. Laura will be supporting the media relations, material development and overall communication activities for several of Ogilvy PR’s consumer marketing accounts, including several trade associations.
About Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is a global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. Entering its 25th year providing public relations solutions, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide has specialties in consumer marketing, corporate (B2B), healthcare, social marketing, technology, public affairs and entertainment. Through its subsidiary Feinstein Kean Healthcare, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide provides communication consulting to biotechnology companies. The Holmes Report has named Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide “2003 International Agency of the Year”; marking the fourth consecutive year the firm has been awarded “Agency of the Year.” Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is part of the WPP Group, one of the world’s leading communications services groups (NASDAQ: WPPGY, http://www.wpp.com/). For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.ogilvypr.com/.
View all 2005 Press Releases>