Social Marketing Sparks an Outburst of New Business
Washington, D.C., October 16, 2007 – The Washington office of Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR), a leading global communications firm, announced today that it has been awarded six new contracts within its award-winning Social Marketing practice. Ogilvy PR/Washington has been selected by clients including, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to lead distinctive communications initiatives.
“For more than two decades, Ogilvy PR has been at the forefront of social marketing—advancing personal and public health and safety with communications initiatives,” said Robert F. Mathias, managing director of Ogilvy PR/Washington. “These clients will draw upon the full depth and breadth of our talent. We are thrilled they chose Ogilvy PR to help them meet their communications needs and it confirms our reputation as the nation’s top social marketing practitioners.”
Following is a brief overview of the selected contracts and the specific communications support that Ogilvy PR will provide:
- CDC’s Community Health Portal — Ogilvy PR Washington is working on a three-phase, 18 month initiative designed to create interactive tools to connect community health practitioners and activists with evidence-based resources that will better enable them to promote healthy behaviors and prevent chronic diseases.
- CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention — Ogilvy PR/Washington will be working in conjunction with the CDC to review hepatitis prevention and awareness messages and support the redesign of a full suite of educational materials for the public and CDC partners.
- CDC’s Choose Respect Campaign — Ogilvy PR/Washington is working with CDC on this three-year public awareness campaign designed to encourage youth, ages 11 to 14, to form healthy relationships and increase behavior changes that will reduce their risks of forming unhealthy, violent dating relationships. The campaign will include a mix of media and community outreach in order to reach youth with the initiative’s key messages.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) National Do Not Call Registry — Ogilvy PR/Washington has been chosen to assist the FTC in a number of consumer-focused activities including promoting participation in the National Do Not Call Registry, informing consumers who previously placed their telephone numbers in the Registry that they will need to renew their registration every five years, and providing information to consumers on ways to protect themselves from fraudulent and deceptive telemarketing.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) — Ogilvy PR is working with CFSAN to help design communications strategies that will increase consumer awareness of the potential for food terrorism as well as guide consumers to make decisions that are protective of their health and the health of others in the event of a food terrorism emergency.
- National Institutes of Health’s National Eye Institute (NEI) — Ogilvy PR/Washington will continue their ongoing work in conjunction with the NEI to provide logistical and technical support for the planning, development, implementation, promotion and evaluation of programs related to the dissemination of NEI research results. Ogilvy PR/Washington will also act as a trusted partner for the NEI’s mission of providing communication materials that speak to and inform the general public, including those most at-risk for eye diseases and other disorders of vision.
“September was an exciting month for our Washington office, and these new clients highlight the energy and growth that we have been experiencing," added Mathias.
About Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a leading global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. In its 26th year, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its consumer marketing, corporate, healthcare, technology, public affairs, social marketing and entertainment practices. The agency also offers biotechnology and government affairs expertise through its subsidiaries Feinstein Kean Healthcare and Ogilvy Government Relations, respectively. Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is part of the WPP Group, one of the world's largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com.